About Dr. P Ramesh babu:
Dr P Ramesh Babu is the Chief Cardiologist and Managing Director of Ramesh Hospitals. He completed his MBBS from Guntur Medical College and persued his MD and DM at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He has the distinction of being nominated recently as Member of the policy making body for National Board for Examinations, New Delhi NBE for DNB Programme in Cardiology. He has performed 97422 Coronary Angiographic Procedures including 17531 Percutaneous Coronary Interventions Angioplasty.
- MBBS in Guntur Medical College (1980)
- MD-General Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi (1984)
- DM –Cardiology, AIIMS, New Delhi (1988)
- 1st place in AP State Medical PG Entrance Examination
- 1st place in DM Entrance Examination of AIIMS, New Delhi
- Has the distinction of being nominated recently (2019) as Member of the policy making body for National Board for Examinations, New Delhi (NBE) for DNB Programme in Cardiology.
- Junior resident , Internal Medicine in AIIMS, New Delhi
- Senior Resident Cardiologist in AIIMS, New Delhi
- Established 1st Cardiac centre with ICCU in Vijayawada in 1988.
- The very first advanced Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (Cath-Lab) in the Coromandel coast spanning from Kolkata to Chennai in 1996, inaugurated by the then President of India, His Excellency, DrShankar Dayal Sharma.
- Diversified into Multispecialty Services in the year 2008.
- Established 50 bedded first branch Hospital in 2011 in Vijayawada, with 256 slice iCT scanner, the first of its kind in AP & Telangana.
- Established 350 bedded Multi Super Specialty Hospital, a green project in Guntur in the year 2015, inaugurated by His Excellency Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, Former President of India.
- Treated more than 8 lakh patients, and the numbers are still growing.
- Conducted 109756 Coronary AngiographicProcedures including 20212 Percutaneous Coronary Interventions Angioplasty/Stents).
- 2833 Primary PCIs (Angioplasty/Stent Procedures in Acute Heart Attack scenario).
- More than 21359 Cardiac Surgeries with 99% success rate.
- Established 24 Telemedicine centers in the Mandal and Rural areas to diagnose and treat life threatening Acute Heart Attacks and Brain strokes within the Golden window period.
- Participated in 20 International Randomized, Multi-centric Clinical Research trials approved by the USFDA. Many such molecules are currently in use worldwide.
- Received Dr K Sharan Award for Excellence in Cardiology,instituted by theIndian Medical Association (2012).
- Fellow of the Society for Cardio Vascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI).
- 10 Papers in Cardiology presentedin various National Conferences.
- 5 Papers in Interventional cardiology published in International Medical Journals.
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and HealthCare Providers (NABH), New Delhi achieved for Main Branch (2014), MG Road Branch (2015), Guntur Branch (2016) and Ongole Branch (2017).
- National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL – New Delhi) was achieved for Main Branch (2016) Vijayawada and Guntur Branch (2016).
- Conducted Cardiac Surgeries and interventions in multi-Nationals including children from Pakistan, Nigeria, Ghana and adults from Bangladesh, Cambodia, New Zealand, Russiaand Belgium.
- Entered the Limca Book of Records for the first time in the year 1998 for 99.8% success rate in Heart Surgeries.
- Received the prestigious FICCI on 18 August 2017and Asian Health Management Awards on Sep 16, 2018 for patient-centric care.
- Strategic partnership with Aster DM Healthcare, a HealthCare major based out of Dubai with extensive presence in the Gulf Cooperative Council countries, India and other Asian countries.
- Very recently, achieved Guinness World Record for assembling 1020 post cardiac surgery patients in a single venue, on 14th November 2019. A new category record set on the occasion of completion of 20,000 adult cardiac surgeries and 2,000 pediatric cardiac surgeries and interventions.
- More than 700 Free Health Camps.
- 50 Free Computerized ECG machines in rural areas.
- Free services/consultations offered at all Telemedicine Centers, some on Private-Public Partnership basis and some as part of Corporate Social Responsibility related activities.
- Established Little Hearts programme to address congenital heart disease in the low socio – economic strata. Renamed as “Hearty Kids” programme in November 2019
- Basic Life Support (BLS) training program to 85,000 students from schools, colleges, universities, members of various clubs, associations, federations and employees fromprivate, public and corporate sector.
- Golden Hour Awareness Project – to save victims of Heart attack, brain stroke and Road accidents. Started in 2014. Trained Medical professionals and paramedical personnel including Emergency Medical Teams and Ambulance Providers on the importance of First Aid in the Golden Hour.
- DNB courses in Cardiology, Neurology, General Medicine, General Surgery under the aegis of National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cardiology Program affiliated to TexilaAmerician University, Texas, USA.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Healthcare Sector Skilling Council (HSSC) promoted through Hands on training and OJT for various paramedical courses initiated in the year 2018.
- Playing Indoor games like Chess & Carroms and Listening to Music.
- Sports & Martial Arts at University Level ( Inter Collegiate Champion in Karate).
Providing quality healthcare not only to the people living in cities but also to people living in semi urban and rural areas by making the services of the specialists and state of the art equipment available to them.